Monday, September 2, 2013

Who am I?

Just opened Blogger to draft a post for today and realized I never published this one:

*****************

Continuing with the theme of "identity," I've been thinking an awful lot about my own identity, in addition to God's.  Who am I?  Who am I as a person?  A woman?  A Christ-follower?

The truth is, I am nothing.

Now, before you start citing all the reasons why I am *not* nothing, why I am someone special, that God sent His son to die for ME, etc, etc; indulge me for a moment.

I am wretched, filthy, and full of sinful pride.  What have I done to improve this planet?  What have I done to further anyone's agenda but my own?  What in the world have I ever done that has been worthy of the love that God has given me?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  

To quote a well-known song, it's not because of who *I* am, but it's because of who God is, and what He's done.

That being said, I am nothing, but I am also beautiful and awe-inspiring because of Him.  Apart from Christ, I am nothing.  With Christ, yes, I am everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment