Monday, October 28, 2013

Perfect Peace

So, as you may have guessed, I did not get happy news just under four weeks ago.  TOM came, and I was wrecked.  So, we started another round of Clomid, and prepared for another IUI.  This time, I felt like I was back on the first round two years ago.  Zits and a three-day-long headache made things wonderful.  And then, short STABBING pains in the vicinity of my ovaries the entire week before ovulation.

But then the smiley face appeared, and it was time to drive the hour and a half to the clinic.  This time the experience was so much nicer.  Instead of it being a doctor I had never met injecting me with my husband’s swimmers, this time it was a nurse.  And a nurse who understood my type A tendencies/neuroses at that!  So not only did she have the general “nurse” demeanor (explaining everything as it goes along), but she went out to retrieve my chart and spent a good ~10 minutes discussing everything with me.  I left feeling so much more comfortable and relaxed than I have in months.  And the amazing thing?  That peace has continued even now.

I should be freaking out this week.  Here it is Monday, and my period is due Friday.  I should be absolutely neurotic.  But I’m not.  I’m calm and comfortable and on an even keel.  It’s nice; it’s refreshing.  I don’t know if it’s because I have more knowledge from the clinic, or if it’s because I have intentionally been so busy the last few weeks, or if I’ve just been given an extra dose of peace.  All I know is, I thank God daily for the lack of crazy in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment