Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Did you miss me?

I know I have been conspicuously absent for the last week. My only excuse? It has been an intense couple of weeks. Do you remember how it was two weeks ago? That week culminated in working in OB the day TOM decided to arrive.

Last week was spent with entirely different stresses. I work 36 hours per week. Overtime pay does not start until 40 hours. I hit overtime last week. Does that give you any indication of what work was like? Then, Friday was a big test that I have been preparing for - and dreading - for two months. If I passed this test, I would be certified as a CCRN - a nurse deemed competent in the critical care (ICU, ER, etc) arena. The exam was - in a word - brutal. I felt as if I had competed in a mental gymnastics meet. I was absolutely sure that I had failed, but I am happy - and relieved to say that I passed!  My weekend after the test was spent working and getting my garden in the ground:



I took one more day to recuperate, and here I am again. To make up for my absence (for those of you who actually read this), I will tell you my story - from the beginning - throughout this week. Stay tuned for part one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment