Thursday, July 21, 2011

Decision Time

So glad that virus is history!  The crazy part?  I got it after clicking a link about Matthew West's song More.  Just like in the movies, Firefox shut down; Windows was maimed, and I could not do anything without pop-ups appearing.  So frustrating!  I'll say it again; thank GOD for the wonderful men in my life!

In other news, we came to a decision.  We decided to suspend IUI for the time being.  I will enroll in classes on August 24.  We'll continue with timing considerations for now.

I just wish I felt settled with this decision.  Instead I feel decidedly UNsettled.  I have so many thoughts and feelings rolling around in my brain, and I don't know from where they are coming.  Some of them are purely selfish.  I am giving up a vacation for our ten year anniversary.  That's tough for me.  Other thoughts are not.  We are paying out of pocket for this, and it is going to be very tight.  I am also afraid, terrified, really.  Last time I was working and in school landed me on lexapro and in therapy because I couldn't drag myself out of bed.  What if I can't handle this?

The thought/feeling that is forefront, though, I just identified this afternoon.  There have been two distinct callings in my life from God that I have missed.  The first was aborting my baby eleven years ago.  The second was not going into mission work.  What if this decision is the third?  I really do not want to miss the boat on this.  I know God is calling me to motherhood.  I KNOW that.  Is it foolish to not chase it with everything I have?  Is it foolish to suspend medical intervention?  Are we screwing up with this?

This pause will be good for us individually as well as together as a couple.  The hubby is uncomfortable with IUI; he feels it may be a way to circumvent God.  He's also feeling the pressure of guilt.  I was destroyed last month.  I am still recovering.  We could use the break, but what if it's the wrong choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment