Sunday, June 26, 2011

Someday Sunday


“Someday” is a word of hope.  Believe it or not, an ad for a perfume sums it up pretty well:

“Someday is why we never say never.  It’s the reason we never give up, the reason we never give in.  It’s a place in our hearts that can’t be broken, where our dreams come true.  It’s the moment we’ll never let go.”
~ taken from an ad for Someday by Justin Bieber, 2011

I have to hand it to the marketing staff for that perfume.  That description is perfect.  It’s heavy with imagery, with emotion.  There is promise in “someday.”  Someday is magical.  Someday is heavy with dreams and plans.  

I dream of a little girl with dark brown hair that will love to jump around and get into things.  She'll love to explore and play and get into mischief.  She'll conquer the world - someday.

I also dream of a shy little boy who wants to be just like his father.  He'll want to be on the computer all the time, and I'll have to chase him out of the house to play.  He'll be reluctant but will eventually make friends with the neighborhood kids - someday.

I have plans of late-night feedings and walks in the park with a stroller.  I have plans to impart the magic of Christmas and Easter.  I can't wait to take my son or daughter out for the birthday, to celebrate the absolute joy of his/her birth.  I can't even wait until I have tons of diapers of which to dispose.  It will happen - someday.

 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.  
~Hebrews 10:23 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment