Thursday, June 23, 2011

Where have I been?

Where have I been?  Hmm, that's a good question. 

Mentally, I've been on hiatus.  The telling of my story was very cathartic (and hopefully helpful to someone out in the interwebs) - yes - but it was also extremely draining.  My words seemed to dry up.  I cannot tell you how many unfinished blog entries are sitting on my computer right now.  I guess they will serve as fodder in the future.  I just needed a little time for my brain to recover.

Physically, I've been to Florida and back on vacation.  Last week was spent blissfully disconnected in a hotel in Orlando.  This was the view from our window:


And this little guy came to visit me frequently while I lay by the pool:


The week culminated in a trip here:
Yep, that's Hogwarts, part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure.  Did I mention I have a thing for fantasy?  Maybe I forgot.  I happen to be a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and this section of the park did NOT disappoint. 

I wish we could have stayed forever.  Unfortunately, we couldn't.  Our trip home was horrible.  Our flight was delayed and then eventually cancelled.  We didn't make it to the Taylor Swift concert for which I had tickets.  (Tickets, by the way that I bothered my mother to use her credit card so that I could buy them on presale.  Yeah, I wanted them THAT badly.  Anyone want to take me to another of her shows?  Pretty please?  With cherries on top?)

Then my car wouldn't start.  Turns out, if you leave your GPS plugged in for over a week while you are on vacation in paradise, your battery turns to mush.  Lesson learned.  Then the hubs got called to Chicago unexpectedly.  It was an interesting weekend. 

When you're stuck in the rut of seeing all these minor things happening, it's hard to notice something truly miraculous.  That is, until it smacks you upside the head.  Consider me smacked as of yesterday.  Yesterday was the day I was supposed to start testing for ovulation to set up for our second round of IUI.  I forgot to buy a kit when I was out on Tuesday, and I only had one strip left.  I truly debated on using it yesterday because 1) I am always so regular and I wasn't due to ovulate until Friday and 2)  I was scheduled to work till 11:30PM yesterday and wouldn't get a chance to buy another kit until this morning.  Then yesterday morning I forgot to pee on the stick until after it was too late, and I decided that the decision was made for me.  Somehow, though, I could NOT get it out of my head.  I truly believe God was poking me.  

I couldn't let it go, so one hour later (even though cognitively I knew that one hour was not enough time for the hormone to build up optimally), I peed on my last stick and just about fell on the floor when it came up positive - two days earlier than it should have.  All of a sudden there were several calls that had to be made and several things that had to work out "just so" in order to make it to the physician's office and work in the afternoon.  Amazingly enough, it all worked out.  God worked it all out.  The timing was impeccable.

Maybe it's wishful thinking; maybe I am just looking for something that is not there, but the fact remains that I should have missed yesterday, multiple times over, but I didn't.  That leaves me hopeful about this round.  It leaves me with a good feeling.  I'd appreciate any prayers you could spare.

Aside from the drama that was this week, it's good to be back.  I have missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment